Unblocks the nose AND stops a runny nose.
Otrivin Plus Nasal Spray
Otrivin Plus dual-action formula unblocks the nose AND stops a runny nose.
Carefully read all information provided with the product before use.
How it works
Each spray contains Xylometazoline hydrochloride 0.5 mg/mL Ipratropium bromide 0.6 mg/mL..
Short-term relief of a blocked or runny nose caused by colds, hay fever or other allergic rhinitis.
How to use
See pack insert for further information
Adults 18 years and over:
- 1 spray per nostril.
- Use up to 3 times daily, as necessary.
- Do not use more often than every 6 hours.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Each pack should be used by only one person for reasons of hygiene.
How to use Otrivin:
- Clear your nose.
- Remove protective cap.
- Before using for the first time, prime the pump by pumping 4 times. Once primed, the pump will normally remain charged throughout regular daily treatment periods. Should the spray not be ejected during the full actuation stroke, or if the product has not been used for longer than 6 days, the pump will need to be reprimed with 4 pumps as initially performed. Be very careful not to spray in the eyes or mouth.
- Hold bottle upright with thumb under base and nozzle between two fingers.
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into the nostril. Spray and breathe in gently through the nose at the same time.
- Repeat with the other nostril.
- Clean and dry the nozzle before replacing back the cap right after use.
· Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur.
· Excessive use may damage lining of the nose.
· If congestion persists for more than 3 days, see your doctor or pharmacist.
· Frequent or prolonged use may cause nasal congestion to recur or worsen.
Do not use this medicine:
· If under 18 years.
· If you are allergic to xylometazoline, ipratropium, atropine or similar substances.
· After recent operations through the nose or mouth (including brain surgery and removal of the pituitary gland).
· If you have glaucoma or very dry nose (inflammatory nasal dryness, rhinitis sicca).
· If irritation occurs, or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use.
· For more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor.
· In or around the eyes.
· If the package use-by date has expired.
· Until you read the enclosed leaflet carefully.
Ask a doctor before use if you:
· Are pregnant or breastfeeding or trying to become pregnant.
· Have any other medical conditions.
· Are taking other medicines.
Store below 25ºC.